Pages

Friday, September 1, 2017

A Traveler's Notebook for Creative Embellishments Sept challenge

Here it is September, can you believe it? Time for another Creative Embellishments challenge and time for the kids to go back to school.  Here's the inspiration photo for this month's challenge.  The twist this month is to use stamping on the background.




I made another traveler's journal as my inspiration for the challenge and I used Creative Embellishments' Distressed Brick Stamp on the background of the cover.  I was inspired by the artsy look of the inspiration photo and of course the numbers remind me of back to school time, so this is more of an art journal to gift to a young budding artist.




The cover was cut with Eileen Hull's journal die from Sizzix and then covered with Prima paper that I can't remember the name of.  ðŸ˜ƒ Then for the front cover, I added a 2nd layer of paper that I distressed and inked.  I used the Metal Stencil mask and Prima Vintage Gold Metallique wax underneath the artist's stand.  I really didn't like how the wax worked for stenciling so I only did that liitle bit.  I switched over to the Distressed Brick Stamp and liked that much better!



I used the chipboard Rose Leave Spray to trailing down the cover and topped it off with a couple of flowers.

I love the little chipboard artist's easel from the Artist Create Collection!  I colored it by rubbing on various colors of Prima wax.  In the center and at the top left,  I've used Creative Embellishments flair buttons from the Art set.  The flair buttons have such a pretty bright white background, but, for my purpose I needed a  vintage look, so I just dabbed on some alcohol ink to age them a bit.  That worked fantastically!

These are the 3 inserts I made to go inside the journal.  You can see the inside details by viewing my video flip through.


Here are photos from one of the insert signatures.  Another of the signatures contains mixed media paper for art journaling and the last signature contains lined note paper for writing.
I made a Prima Julie Nutting doll and her poodle.



I made this signature with Prima paper and just added some rub-on flourishes in the corners.


Creative Embellishments Products Used:
Art Flair Set

Eileen Hull's Sizzix ScoreBoards XL Die - Journal


Here are the challenge guidelines:
  • Create a NEW project layout, mini album, tag, card, canvas, etc….as of  September 1st, 2017.
  • Please add your entry to our InLinkz box on the Creative Embellishments blog  to be eligible for the prize. You have until the last day of each month 11:55 pm eastern time to enter.
  • It is required that you mention in your blog post that you are playing along at Creative Embellishments together with a link back to our blog. Please make sure to reference our challenge. Please, no back linking. (meaning projects from previous months that may fit the challenge) Please link only new projects.
  • Combining with other challenges is permitted.
  •  We would love to see you USE AT LEAST 1 OF  CE products on your projects but it isn’t required to play along. However, everyone that does will get an extra chance at winning.
  • WINNERS will have 2 weeks to claim their prize. The winner will be announced on the Creative Embellishments blog the day after the challenge ends. Keep an eye out to see if you are a winner of a great gift certificate to the store!
Thanks for joining me today, I sure do appreciate it!!




4 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this journal! Do you have a post on how you made your little booklets inside the journal? I was wondering if you cut the pages by hand and how you put them together. Thank you. I'm subscribing to your blog now. It's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Mary! I did cut the pages for the booklets. They are something like 8.5" x 7.5" and then scored at 4.25". Then just fold on the score line and stack them. I happen to have a regular office type stapler that has a 4.25" reach and so I just staple the books along the score line. I have also punched two small holes on the score lines and threaded a narrow ribbon through to hold the pages together. I hope to have a process video out soon so stay tuned!

      Delete
    2. Thanks so much for taking the time to respond. I just ordered the travel journal and can't wait to get it. I'll use these instructions and look forward to your process video.

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...