Pages

Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Farewell Graphic 45 DT, Hello Graphic 45 project designer!

I am so thrilled that instead of leaving Graphic 45 after my two years on the design team, I will be staying on as a special project designer.  Woo Hoo!!!  That's is so exciting for me.  I'll be designing projects for the monthly class series as well as projects for special events.

Today I want to share with you my last project as a design tem member for Graphic 45 and it's from one of my favorite collections!  How exciting that French Country is coming back as a Deluxe Collector's Edition! I had this dreary black cabinet hanging around and decided it would be perfect to repurpose using the French Country DCE. I love how it's now a cheerful piece covered with sunflowers.
                           


I wanted it to have a distressed vintage look and to achieve that, I first painted the wood that would show with vintage white paint. Then I covered those surfaces with Crackle Accents and finally, I rubbed Distress ink into the cracks to give it an aged look. After finishing the wood, I used the beautiful blues from the collection and chose the sunflower paper, Abundance, as my focal paper. I love the imagery on this paper.
Use matte medium to adhere and cover your papers. You'll get a really nice smooth finish and your paper will be protected from snags and scratches.


The flowers I used at the top are a combination of some older Prima vines and vines that I made. Here's a tutorial I did some time ago to make these vines.






You can give your project a different look by changing out the hardware. My cabinet had wooden painted knobs on it. I changed those out for glass knobs that looked so much more vintage.



Graphic 45 Supplies:
Graphic 45 French Country DCE:
Provance
Abundance
Deja Vu
Grandeur

Other Supplies:
Prima Mountain Lily Vine
Knobs from Hobby Lobby
Distress Ink - Gathered Twigs
Vintage white acrylic paint
Crackle Accents
Spellbinders Nested Leaves Die
Spellbinders Blossom 2 Die
Microbeads
Tiny daisy like flower punch
Wire


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...