Pages

Monday, May 1, 2017

A layout for Petaloo and Creative Embellishments


I am so fortunate in that I get to design for two great companies, Creative Embellishments and Petaloo flowers!  Today I'm sharing a layout I did for both companies, combining their great products.

Since it's the first of the month, it's time for another challenge at Creative Embellishments and this is the challenge inspiration photo; the twist is to stamp an image.  The challenges are great and you don't have to use CE products to enter, of course we love it when you do use our chipboard and you get an extra entry for using CE products on your challenge project.  You can find out all about the challenge on CE blog, just look for the first post and that'll be about the challenge.


I used Maja Designs Vintage Frost Basics papers to create my layout.  First, I did some masking on the background and added a torn corrugated strip on the side atop another piece of design paper and topped that with a beautiful lacy piece of chipboard, Dripping Heart Lace Border.  I painted the chippy with vintage white paint and then dabbed on some vintage gold Prima wax.  To meet the challenge twist, I stamped all around the edge of the paper with CE's Burlap Stamp.  I used gold ink for a subtle effect.

I think the lacy border makes such a pretty platform for my coral Petaloo Botanica flowers and sugared berry picks!  Underneath the photo I used a Square Mini Frame  that I cut in two pieces and slipped under opposing corners of the photo.  I used Prima Vintage Gold wax to color the chipboard.  The wax works great on the chippies!

I used another  Square Mini Frame  under this floral cluster of Petaloo Botaonicas and positioned it as a diamond shape and cut off the bottom.

I especially love the word borders and I used two words from the Treasure Border Words set for a title.


Creative Memories Products Used:

Petaloo Flowers:

3 comments:

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...