Pages

Wednesday, April 5, 2017

A Graphic 45 box, no wait it's a hat!


It's a hat!

No wait, it's a box! Really, it's both. I've take a 4" cylindrical box and made it look like a lady's fine hat! It's no secret that I love to make hats; you've probably seen a few of my hats on the Graphic 45 blog in the last two years. But I thought that my hats need to have a purpose so I designed this hat to serve as a gift box. It would make a great gift - how about some pretty jewelry inside for Mom on Mother's Day? Or some chocolates, I know that my Mom would love that!



 The fun part about making hats is that you can let your imagination just go wild with the embellishments.  You can make it elegant, feminine, silly with "stuff" all over it, it's a great platform for doing whatever you want.

I chose some gorgeous Petaloo Botanicas and Textured flowers to adorn my hat.  I wanted something ultra feminine so I added LOTS of flowers.



Graphic 45 Supplies:
Graphic 45 Portrait of a Lady 12 x 12 collection:
Victoria - 1 sheet
Portrait of a Lady - 2 sheets
Decorative Chipboard

Other Supplies:
4" round paper mache box
1 Yard white or cream tulle
12" bead string
13" dimensional foam tape
13" ribbon 5/8" wide, peach, white, or cream
Petaloo Botanica Blooms ivory or white
Petaloo Botanica Petites white and/or coral

Petaloo Spring Berry Clusters Peach/Green

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...