Pages

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Graphic 45 Design Team Audition 2015

Welcome to my 2015 audition for Graphic 45, it is a long post but I have so much G45 love to share!

I've been on a Graphic 45 binge for the last month and wow, has it ever been fun!!  I so love the rich and vintage colors and images in the Graphic 45 collections. 

I've been wishing and hoping for a vintage animal collection and Graphic 45 made that dream come true for me this year with their publication of Raining Cats and Dogs.  I think it's fitting then, that I start my audition with some creations made with that collection. 

1. A mayonnaise jar that I've altered as a treat jar for my furbabies!  Link to tutorial.





2.  A G45 tag album featuring my sweet standard poodles and their friends!


There's a pocket on this page to tuck in some tags and photos.

This page flips up to show two more pages.  For Better or Worse is one of my favorite comic strips so I've shown that on the front of this page.


Yes, I am very silly when it comes to my dogs and on the right bottom is a pocket where I have copies of their adoption announcements.

There's a journal pocket on this page.







Chena's bff, Escape Kitty.




 This page has a tiny mini tucked in behind the umbrella girl.





4.  And though I love altering objects and making off the page projects, my favorite thing to do is create a layout with vintage photos.   I love bringing the photo and paper together to share a favorite moment or story.  Here I am at 3 years old with my first dog, a fox terrier.





5.  About my love of layouts... Here are some of my favorites.  First this one with Artisan Style which is such a gorgeous collection of colors and images.  The moment I saw the front page I knew exactly what I wanted to scrap, our house in Alaska.


 I love how the title is done on the title page and wanted to put my title in it's place so I scanned the paper so that the colors would be as close to perfect as I could get it and created my title in Photoshop, then I just cut it out and glued over the Artisan Style title.

I made all the flowers on this page using papers from the collection.

6. By the Sea -  I love taking my photos and incorporating them into the design of the paper.  


I popped the entire frame up on this layout.  That really adds a nice layer of dimension.



I love these sea oats that I made with a Spellbinders die and micro beads.

7. Stepping in Style - I was thrilled when Graphic 45 started re-releasing some of their most cherished collections and was particularly thrilled to see Times Nouveau as I did not have that collection in my stash!  This is an old photo of my parents and it is not in the best shape but still, I love it so much.  They just look so happy together.  How lucky I am!  My parents are working on their 72nd year of marriage and they are still so happy.





8. School Days - ABC Primer, this is a school photo of my Mom taken around 1932.  I thought it was just the perfect photo to use with these papers.






9.  Create - I used Fashionista to create this inspirational piece that  I did for my scraproom.  There's alot of fussy cutting on this, G45 is so perfect for creating collages of fussy cut pieces.



10.  Celebrate Today - This is a calendar journal created with Time to Flourish.  It was a huge project as it has 54 pages counting fronts and backs.  There are four pages for each month. I had so much fun making all the pages as it was somewhat like working with 12 different collections since each month has different color schemes and images.  Here is a video tour of the entire book and I've placed a few photos below.












11.  Happy Holidays - I used Twelve Days of Christmas to make this fun holiday dollhouse.





12.  Happy Birthday - One of the things I love about Graphic 45 papers is that they always have such great cut aparts that work so well for making cards and tags.  I made this card with Time to Celebrate.  Link to Snapguide tutorial.





13.  A Couture Dress - I like to challenge myself to make a dresses from paper.
This one I did with Couture and tried to capture the styles of the era pictured in the collection.







Thank you so much for viewing my audition.  There are so many wonderful designers applying for the team and I wish each and every one of you the best of luck.  I think it will be a tough task to just pick 25 semi-finalists.

52 comments:

  1. Maggi, each and every project is just unbelievable!!! You've created such a wonderful variety here, all of them awesomely gorgeous!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, Maggi! You work total magic with G45 papers! Each project is totally gorgeous and unique! I can't even pick a favorite! I love them all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I areally appreciate your very kind comment!!

      Delete
  3. Maggi, your projects are fantastic and full of detail.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what an amazing collection of G45 projects Maggi! They are so inspiring it makes you want to go and buy all the collection's and get to work. You are so talented, best of luck!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ginny, I bet you could make something quite lovely with G45!

      Delete
  5. I just love your G45 creations Maggi! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Maggi, everything is so beautiful. Your attention to detail creates such stunning projects. Good luck with your audition. I would love to see you on the G45 blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thanks Sue, I'd like to see me too of the G45 blog! :-)

      Delete
  7. Oh, Maggi, everything is so beautiful. Your attention to detail creates such stunning projects. Good luck with your audition. I would love to see you on the G45 blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck on being the next G45 design team member! Your audition is outstanding!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Maggi
    You are an incredible designer! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Maggi...you have out done yourself and have done the graphic 45 collections so proud! I love love love these project and layouts. Some of my favorite papers! There's so much inspiration in your work! Good luck with the audition!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Maggi - you leave me spellbound and totally captivated. I need to see more...you work magic with G45

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love them all. Wonderful creations. Good Luck.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Each piece is exquisite :) Good luck Maggi! Fingers crossed <3

    Paula xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh maggie! you are just amazing, These are wonderful. such talent. G45 would be honored to have to as a designer, Sending good luck your way!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, Maggi, these are amazing! Wishing you so much luck!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow,Maggi,I love them all,amazing work of ART!!!Sending Good Luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your work with Graphic 45 is perfection!! Such beautiful projects!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Maggi.... what INCREDIBLE projects! Love, love, love!!! I had to "pin" each and every one. Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love each and every project, I cant even pick out a favorite, they are all so neat. I also love Graphic 45 and you have inspired me to start some of my own projects. Your pictures are also very good and show a lot of the details in your projects. Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous creations! Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow! I am in awe. Everything is amazing. Every detail is meticulously executed. I really want to get the "Celebrate Today" collection (if I still can) and scraplift every page of your calendar!!! I also think the Doghouse Gift Box is incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  22. wow on each and every project Maggi...so gorgeous and you would be awesome on the G45 team...best of luck

    ReplyDelete
  23. Maggi your projects are just beautiful...such works of art! You would be such an asset to Graphic 45's design team! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thank you all for your very kind comments, it means so much to me!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I am in awe of these creations! They are exceptional! Well done. And all the best with your application, you will be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Absolutely STUNNING projects Maggi!! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  27. OH MY GOSH MAGGI!!! Sister these are FABULOUS!!! I have always been in awe of how you can make G45 come alive...WOW!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Maggi you are the Graphic 45 Queen! All of these layouts, cards and OTP projects are amazing, you are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Maggi, each and everyone of your creations, are totally gorgeous!! You totally rock G45!!!! Good luck on making the team!!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love them all... Wish you best of luck...

    ReplyDelete
  31. Exquisite and stunning, each creation of yours. Miss Maggi, I do believe this is your year! There will be lots of fireworks going off around the world when you make the team. ;) Fingers crossed for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. These are .... what I'm trying to say is ... I ... I ... Well. It's just stupendous. Masterful. Exquisite.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Oh Maggi, every single one of your projects are so amazingly creative and so detailed. You are a Master at what you create. It's truly a joy to view each and every one of them. They are so inspiring. Wishing you all the very very best in making the G45 team. Sincerely, Mary Longberry ~~ Abbygirl sb.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. Thank you all so much for your sweet comments! I appreciate it more than you will know!

    ReplyDelete
  35. O'h my gosh, Maggi! Each and every project is OUTSTANDING!! You would fit the G45 crew perfectly!! and the Peacock dress!! Love, love love!! - Impeccable work!! Lots of luck to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  36. CONGRATULATIONS on making the 25 finalists!! Can't wait to see your final audition round. Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  37. A lot of gorgeous projects you are amazing love everything-good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Hi Maggie, these are all masterpieces! Beautiful and unique! I love them all!
    Tara Brown

    ReplyDelete
  39. Maggie your work is just wonderful. Congrats on making the top 25 and best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Absolutely fabulous! Most of them have been pinned to my Pinterest Boards!!
    Good luck!!
    Michelle
    The Craft Marquee

    ReplyDelete
  41. Your layouts are just beautiful! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is important to me! I'm always happy to answer questions, just leave them in the comments section and I will respond either here or leave me your email address.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...